Some glitter nail lacquers are difficult to apply. Those that contain large glitter may feel especially difficult. Many have found removal of glitter polish to be even more tiresome.
Glitter nail application and removal doesn’t have to be a pain.
Here are some helpful tips
- As always, start out with clean dry nails
- Apply a base coat, we recommend Jior Couture STICK TO ME Adhesive base coat or SMOOTH & NOURISH ME Ridge filling base coat.
- Apply a base color (if needed)
- Some large glitters have a tendency to sink to the bottom on the bottle. Just turn your bottle upside down or roll the bottle upside down to move the glitter around. If you shake the bottle, remember to wait at least 15-20 minutes to allow bubbles to dissipate.
- Dip the brush into the bottle and swirl to pick up larger glitter.
- Pull the brush straight out of the bottle without touching the sides or wiping the excess off the rim.
- Allow the excess polish to drip back into the bottle.
- Dab the polish onto the middle of the nail and gently sweep the brush along the nail to distribute.
- Dabbing the glitter on for the first and second coat will help with glitter placement.
- Keep the brush flat and parallel to the nail to keep the brush from picking up the glitter on your nails.
- Be sure to apply in thin, even coats.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying another coat.
- Finish off with a fab top coat. We suggest Jior Couture COVER ME Fast Dry & Seal top coat. For a different and fun look we suggest Jior Couture MATTE ME Matte Finish to coat or HOLO AT ME Holographic top coat.
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover
- Place soaked cotton over nail polish
- Let sit for a few minutes
- Wipe away!
- Wash hands thoroughly and be sure to moisturize your hands
- Moisturize cuticles with a great cuticle balm. We suggest Jior Couture CUTICLE BALM ME
ALL JIOR COUTURE PRODUCTS MENTIONED CAN BE FOUND AT JIORCOUTURE.COM