Some glitter nail lacquers are difficult to apply. Those that contain large glitter may feel especially difficult. Many have found removal of glitter polish to be even more tiresome.
Glitter nail application and removal doesn’t have to be a pain.
Here are some helpful tips
- As always, start out with clean dry nails
- Apply a base coat, we recommend Jior Couture STICK TO ME Adhesive base coat or SMOOTH & NOURISH ME Ridge filling base coat.
- Apply a base color (if needed)
- Some large glitters have a tendency to sink to the bottom on the bottle. Just turn your bottle upside down or roll the bottle upside down to move the glitter around. If you shake the bottle, remember to wait at least 15-20 minutes to allow bubbles to dissipate.
- Dip the brush into the bottle and swirl to pick up larger glitter.
- Pull the brush straight out of the bottle without touching the sides or wiping the excess off the rim.
- Allow the excess polish to drip back into the bottle.
- Dab the polish onto the middle of the nail and gently sweep the brush along the nail to distribute.
- Dabbing the glitter on for the first and second coat will help with glitter placement.
- Keep the brush flat and parallel to the nail to keep the brush from picking up the glitter on your nails.
- Be sure to apply in thin, even coats.
- Allow each coat to dry before applying another coat.
- Finish off with a fab top coat. We suggest Jior Couture COVER ME Fast Dry & Seal top coat. For a different and fun look we suggest Jior Couture MATTE ME Matte Finish to coat or HOLO AT ME Holographic top coat.
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover
- Place soaked cotton over nail polish
- Let sit for a few minutes
- Wipe away!
- Wash hands thoroughly and be sure to moisturize your hands
- Moisturize cuticles with a great cuticle balm. We suggest Jior Couture CUTICLE BALM ME
ALL JIOR COUTURE PRODUCTS MENTIONED CAN BE FOUND AT JIORCOUTURE.COM
12/2013Year End Epic Giveaway
1 Twitter winner
1 Facebook winner
1 Instagram winner
Winners drawn on 12/23/13 using random name drawer
Twitter: Maria S. @truelifeof
Prize- 4 bottles (5 ml) of JIor Couture nail lacquer
Facebook: Mitch J. Mitch FJ
Prize- 11 bottles (5 ml) of JIor Couture nail lacquer
Instagram: Jennifer P. @purrfectly_polished
Prize- 27 bottles (5 ml) of JIor Couture nail lacquer
As of 12/25/13 all prizes have been claimed.
7/2013 20 Lacquer Giveaway
Winner drawn on 8/3/13
Instagram: Lori Y. @staryynails
Prize- 20 bottles (5 ml) Jior Couture nail lacquer
Introducing FALLery (Fall 2013) Collection
This 8 piece set includes
4 Pearly Metallic Lacquers and 4 Multidimensional Micro-glitter Lacquer
The Pearly Metallics (there’s even a duo-chrome in this set!)
From left to right Chilly Nights, High Boots, Cashmere Sweater, and Spiced Ginger)
The 4 Multidimensional Micro-glitter Lacquers
From left to right Autumn Carnival, Foliage, Crackling Fire, Pumpkin Everything
To see swatches and purchace, visit
Thermal nail lacquers are lacquers that change color with heat or cold. Try these tips for ease of application.
- With most thermal nail lacquers, the color is lighter and more sheer in its warm state.
- Applying thermal lacquer can be a bit tricky. If your hands are very warm, the lacquer may seem to be very sheer.
- To see the true color of your thermal during application without having to apply several coats, cool your hands down first.
- Wash your hands in cool/cold water prior to nail lacquer application. Be sure to dry hands thoroughly before applying lacquer.
- You could also try doing your mani in a cool room. Be sure to not sit too close to blowing air, like a fan or air conditioning. This blowing air will dry your lacquer out before you can apply it to your nails.
- Brush on lacquer in 1-3 coats and allow to dry completely. Apply top coat if necessary.
Photo credit to: Vanessa- Instagram @nessduh (lacquer: Jior Courture VERY BERR-WITCHING Halloween 2013)
The collection is called Ghastly Terrifying.
It contains 6 lacquers in all, 3 ghastly glitters and 3 terrifying thermal scented lacquers.
A blackened brown to orange semi matte thermal holo, candy cirn scented lacquer.
It is dark brown when cool and orange when warm.
A blackened green to mint matte thermal holo, green apple scented lacquer.
It is dark green when cool and bright green when warm.
A blackened purple to pink thermal holo, berry scented lacquer.
It is dark purple when cool and pink when warm.
THE VOODOO YOU DO
A clear base with fuchsia, blue, and gold holo glitter lacquer.
A clear base with black, white, hot pink, and silver holo shred glitter lacquer.
A clear base with pink, yellow, purple, turquoise matte and mico gold glitter lacquer
This collection is now available at JiorCouture.com
$7.50 each for full size bottles
Complete 6 bottle collection for $40
Rachel G. did a review of Coming Through and Beauty in the Bricks.
Check it out!